- The girls? Jordan and Sarah will be staying with my parents, who lived in Bastrop, TX. We will meet Wednesday to drop them off.
- Packing? Believe me, I'm leaving that mostly in the hands of Melinda, who is truly one of the world's great packing pros. We are trying to pack as lightly as possible, due to restrictions on the amount of luggage. This reminds us a lot of our China trips, and the truth is that most people pack way too much, even when you're trying not to.
- Travel group? It's a very mixed group of 35. Some will know each other, many won't. Some are Houston friends. Some are from Abilene. Others are from California, New Hampshire, and everywhere in between. Dr. Gary McCaleb is our leader and veteran Israel traveler, having led multiple trips. Dr. Phil Schubert, ACU president, will be traveling with us, along with one of his daughters.
- Weather? We are expecting highs in the 80s and lows in 60s in Israel, which is a little more moderate than Texas right now. Sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses are a must though. We will have the opportunity to get in the water at the Mediterranean, the Sea of Galilee, and the Dead Sea.
- Clothing? Cool and casual, for the most part. There are a few places that females need head coverings or something on bare shoulders or legs, but for the most part it's very Western.
Brent and Melinda